Hubbard Mansion is one of the few remaining grand, historic homes, erected in Stamford, CT during the late 1800’s. In 1945, the building was purchased by the Order of the Missionary Sisters of Mother of God and converted into a girl’s school serving members of the Ukrainian Catholic Church. Further additions to the site were constructed in the 1960s.

Elena Kalman Architect designed the latest renovation with the intent of honoring the existing building while, at the same time, adding some compelling design features that would bring ‘new life’ to the structure. The existing three-story, (plus basement) 24,000± square-foot, main building now houses a new private school, dormitory rooms for students and faculty, a gym/auditorium, offices, class rooms, a dining room and a kitchen. A separate, existing early modern 1,800± square foot building is located on the site and used as a child day care center.

The building was preserved and renovated in strict adherence to the Secretary of Interior Guidelines for the Historic Preservation and received tax credits from the Connecticut State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).